Fall Session: September 7th – December 2nd
Winter Session: December 5th – March 16th
Spring Session: March 20th – June 9th
No Classes/SAID Closed:
- Tuesday, October 4th (Stonington)
- Monday, October 31st – Happy Halloween!
- Election Day: Tuesday, November 8th
- New England Regionals/Thanksgiving Break: Thursday, Nov 17th – Sunday, Nov 27th
- Christmas Vacation: Tuesday, December 20th – Monday, January 2nd
- Winter Break: Friday, February 17th – Tuesday, February 21st
- St. Patrick’s Day: Friday, March 17th (join us for other festivities that day!)
- Spring Break: Monday, April 10th – Saturday, April 15th
- Memorial Day weekend: Saturday, May 23rd – Monday, May 25th
Sheeaun Academy Studio703 Post Rd. Fairfield, CT 06824
- Advanced Beginner/Novice4:15 – 5:15pm
- Prizewinner5:15 – 6:30pm
- Prelim/Open Championship6:30 – 8:30pm
- Adults8:30 - 9:30pm
- Pre-Beginners: 3 & 43:45 - 4:15pm
- Beginner/Advanced Beginner: 5 & up4:15 - 5:15pm
- Novice5:15 - 6:15pm
- Prizewinner5:15 - 6:30pm
- Prelim/Open Championship6:30 - 8:30pm
- Pre-Beginners: 3 & 49:00 - 9:45am
- Beginner (Intro)9:45 - 10:30am
Back Stage Dance Center176 Route 81
- Beginner (Intro)6:15-7:00pm
American Legion Post 7943 Bradley Rd., Madison, CT 06443
- Pre-Beginners: 3 & 45:00 – 5:30pm
- Beginner5:00 – 6:00pm
- Advanced Beginner/Novice6:00 – 7:00pm
- Prizewinner6:30 – 7:45pm
- Championship6:30 – 8:30pm
The Performing Arts Center of CT (PACC)18 Lindeman Dr. Trumbull, CT 06611
- Pre-Beginners: 3 & 44:00 – 4:30pm
- Beginner/Advanced Beginner4:00 – 5:00pm
- Novice/PW5:00 – 6:00pm
- Prelim/Open5:00 - 6:30pm
Pre-Beginners: 3 & 4: An Introduction to Irish Step Dance for 3 & 4 year olds. Your tiny dancers will learn their right from their left as they work on balance, coordination, and rhythm. They will learn basic postures and movements and learn how each step is danced to the music when they are introduced to ‘reels’and ‘jigs’
Beginner/Advanced Beginner: An Introduction to Irish Dance for ages 5 & up. Dancers will work on balance, coordination, and rhythm as they learn basic postures and movements. They will learn how each step is danced to the music when they are introduced to ‘reels’and ‘jigs’. Once beginner steps are completed, a dancer may move on to Advanced Beginner where they will learn Slip Jigs and begin hard shoe. *Please note there are some combined Beginner/Advanced Beginner classes where listed.
Novice: For dancers who have completed all of their Advanced Beginner material and are ready to continue to a Novice level.
Prizewinner: For dancers who have completed all of their Novice material, and have placed in a Novice level at feiseanna.
Championship: For dancers who have received the appropriate placements in a Prizewinner level at feiseanna.
Adults: An Intro to Irish step dancing for adults. Learn the basic steps and techniques of Irish dance as well as ceili dances (group dances). A great workout and a lot of fun!